Feb 4, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
In 2012 the Royals used “Our Time” as its marketing slogan. That lent itself well to “… in purgatory”-style tomfoolery. They’re trying something else this year: “Come to play.” Bob Dutton quotes marketing consultant types who explain the rationale. The upshot: the Royals are going to play hard and you should come out to play at the ballpark, etc.
If normal form holds, you have approximately 72 days until the Royals season is more or less kaput, so that should be plenty of time for you to come up with little jokes and things incorporating the slogan.
But don’t use “Come to play… because, really, we need all the help we can get? Do you have a glove? If not, we can get you one.” Because I already thought of it.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (153)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)