Feb 4, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
In 2012 the Royals used “Our Time” as its marketing slogan. That lent itself well to “… in purgatory”-style tomfoolery. They’re trying something else this year: “Come to play.” Bob Dutton quotes marketing consultant types who explain the rationale. The upshot: the Royals are going to play hard and you should come out to play at the ballpark, etc.
If normal form holds, you have approximately 72 days until the Royals season is more or less kaput, so that should be plenty of time for you to come up with little jokes and things incorporating the slogan.
But don’t use “Come to play… because, really, we need all the help we can get? Do you have a glove? If not, we can get you one.” Because I already thought of it.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 28
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 79
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)