Feb 4, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
In 2012 the Royals used “Our Time” as its marketing slogan. That lent itself well to “… in purgatory”-style tomfoolery. They’re trying something else this year: “Come to play.” Bob Dutton quotes marketing consultant types who explain the rationale. The upshot: the Royals are going to play hard and you should come out to play at the ballpark, etc.
If normal form holds, you have approximately 72 days until the Royals season is more or less kaput, so that should be plenty of time for you to come up with little jokes and things incorporating the slogan.
But don’t use “Come to play… because, really, we need all the help we can get? Do you have a glove? If not, we can get you one.” Because I already thought of it.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)