Feb 5, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
Kevin Kernan of the Post says that David Wright has spoken and exchanged texts with Michael Bourn, trying to get him to join the Mets. He offers a ton of quotes talking about how great a fit Bourn would be in Queens.
Going back to this morning’s post about Alderson’s ongoing conversations with Boras, one gets the sense that the Mets are truly putting on a full court press for Bourn. Or at least trying to convince their fans that they are.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 29
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 46
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 22
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)