Feb 5, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
Kevin Kernan of the Post says that David Wright has spoken and exchanged texts with Michael Bourn, trying to get him to join the Mets. He offers a ton of quotes talking about how great a fit Bourn would be in Queens.
Going back to this morning’s post about Alderson’s ongoing conversations with Boras, one gets the sense that the Mets are truly putting on a full court press for Bourn. Or at least trying to convince their fans that they are.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 6
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)