Feb 5, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
Kevin Kernan of the Post says that David Wright has spoken and exchanged texts with Michael Bourn, trying to get him to join the Mets. He offers a ton of quotes talking about how great a fit Bourn would be in Queens.
Going back to this morning’s post about Alderson’s ongoing conversations with Boras, one gets the sense that the Mets are truly putting on a full court press for Bourn. Or at least trying to convince their fans that they are.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)