Feb 5, 2013, 9:42 AM EDT
Kevin Kernan of the Post says that David Wright has spoken and exchanged texts with Michael Bourn, trying to get him to join the Mets. He offers a ton of quotes talking about how great a fit Bourn would be in Queens.
Going back to this morning’s post about Alderson’s ongoing conversations with Boras, one gets the sense that the Mets are truly putting on a full court press for Bourn. Or at least trying to convince their fans that they are.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 24
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (108)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)