Feb 5, 2013, 4:28 PM EST
The Orioles just announced that they have claimed Russ Canzler off waivers from the Yankees. For those of you following Russ Canzler’s odyssey this offseason, that’s Indians-Blue Jays-Indians-Yankees-Orioles. All since October.
I’m going to set “next Monday” on the “when will Canzler next be DFA’d” pool. Please Paypal your bets to the HardballTalk email address. Thanks.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)