Feb 5, 2013, 4:28 PM EST
The Orioles just announced that they have claimed Russ Canzler off waivers from the Yankees. For those of you following Russ Canzler’s odyssey this offseason, that’s Indians-Blue Jays-Indians-Yankees-Orioles. All since October.
I’m going to set “next Monday” on the “when will Canzler next be DFA’d” pool. Please Paypal your bets to the HardballTalk email address. Thanks.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (183)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (146)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)