Feb 5, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has an update on Logan Morrison‘s recovery from knee surgery, writing that the Marlins first baseman “will not be running at full strength when camp opens” and “may be cleared to pick up the pace toward the end of the month.”
Morrison has had two knee surgeries in the past year, with the most recent one in September after he struggled to play through the pain.
Asked when the team expects Morrison to be ready for game action, Marlins president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest said: “I think it’s premature at this point to say exactly what that timetable is until he gets on the field.”
In other words, his status for Opening Day is very much in doubt.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69