Feb 5, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has an update on Logan Morrison‘s recovery from knee surgery, writing that the Marlins first baseman “will not be running at full strength when camp opens” and “may be cleared to pick up the pace toward the end of the month.”
Morrison has had two knee surgeries in the past year, with the most recent one in September after he struggled to play through the pain.
Asked when the team expects Morrison to be ready for game action, Marlins president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest said: “I think it’s premature at this point to say exactly what that timetable is until he gets on the field.”
In other words, his status for Opening Day is very much in doubt.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)