Feb 5, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Obviously the Nationals’ stars get most of the attention, but an overlooked part of their offseason is stockpiling a bunch of quality depth.
Earlier today the Nationals signed one-time starting catcher Chris Snyder to a minor-league deal in which he basically serves as their insurance for Wilson Ramos and now they’re agreed to a minor-league deal with reliever Jeremy Accardo.
Accardo tossed 37 innings with a 4.82 ERA and 29/16 K/BB ratio for the Indians and A’s last season, and the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.30 career ERA. He’s nothing special, but adds to what was already impressive bullpen depth.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)