Feb 5, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Obviously the Nationals’ stars get most of the attention, but an overlooked part of their offseason is stockpiling a bunch of quality depth.
Earlier today the Nationals signed one-time starting catcher Chris Snyder to a minor-league deal in which he basically serves as their insurance for Wilson Ramos and now they’re agreed to a minor-league deal with reliever Jeremy Accardo.
Accardo tossed 37 innings with a 4.82 ERA and 29/16 K/BB ratio for the Indians and A’s last season, and the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.30 career ERA. He’s nothing special, but adds to what was already impressive bullpen depth.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)