Feb 5, 2013, 5:40 PM EST
Obviously the Nationals’ stars get most of the attention, but an overlooked part of their offseason is stockpiling a bunch of quality depth.
Earlier today the Nationals signed one-time starting catcher Chris Snyder to a minor-league deal in which he basically serves as their insurance for Wilson Ramos and now they’re agreed to a minor-league deal with reliever Jeremy Accardo.
Accardo tossed 37 innings with a 4.82 ERA and 29/16 K/BB ratio for the Indians and A’s last season, and the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.30 career ERA. He’s nothing special, but adds to what was already impressive bullpen depth.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)