Feb 5, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Obviously the Nationals’ stars get most of the attention, but an overlooked part of their offseason is stockpiling a bunch of quality depth.
Earlier today the Nationals signed one-time starting catcher Chris Snyder to a minor-league deal in which he basically serves as their insurance for Wilson Ramos and now they’re agreed to a minor-league deal with reliever Jeremy Accardo.
Accardo tossed 37 innings with a 4.82 ERA and 29/16 K/BB ratio for the Indians and A’s last season, and the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.30 career ERA. He’s nothing special, but adds to what was already impressive bullpen depth.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 3
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 10
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 36
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)