Our long national nightmare is over: Youk texts Joba

Feb 5, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT

Kevin Youkilis Reuters Reuters

A couple of weeks ago we were hipped to the other big Yankees drama this offseason: whether Kevin Youkilis was ever going to return that voice mail Joba Chamberlain left him after Youkilis signed with New York. IS THE HATCHET TRULY BURIED? some wondered, eager with anticipation.

The answer: yes. It’s buried:

Yankees reliever Joba Chamberlain said he’s received a text message from new teammate Kevin Youkilis and hopes whatever tension existed between the two is past.

Or is it? Because let’s face it: an actual call is more significant than a text, right? Joba CALLED Kevin! And all Kevin can do is text him back? Like, whatever. The only way to disrespect him more is to try to Facebook-message him, am I right? Kevin may think he’s patched things up, but when everyone comes back to class after summer vacation, I think he’s going to find that he’s getting the cold shoulder in the cafeteria.

Er, the clubhouse. I meant the clubhouse. Because this is not junior high school. Not at all.

1. crispybasil - Feb 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM

“An anonymous source tells TMZ that Youkilis hasn’t yet included Joba in a Follow Friday tweet, much to the chagrin of the Yankees Front Office.”

2. buggieowens - Feb 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM

The appropriate method that Youk should have used to contact Joba is to leave a snarky comment on his blog (probably about trampoline safety).

3. Old Gator - Feb 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

And let’s hope that when Youkilis is buried, it’s face down.

• buggieowens - Feb 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM

OG…if you can figure out what side is which, let me know. Oddly enough, one of my students had a major fixation on Youk and actually said “He’s a beautiful man.” Maybe it was because she was Greek. I wonder if she thinks the same now he is with the Empire.

• whatthehellisansky - Feb 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

He’s not Greek – he has been referred to as ‘the Greek god of walks”

Which leads me to mention the best zing i’ve heard out of Francona’s mouth:

“I’ve seen him in the shower, and he’s not a Greek God of anything.”

• buggieowens - Feb 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM

thanks for correcting my ignorance on that and thanks for the laugh

4. historiophiliac - Feb 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Do they follow one another on Twitter, I want to know.

• historiophiliac - Feb 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM

…mostly because then there might be a twitter war later.

5. tfbuckfutter - Feb 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Jabba cll ur fat crckhd mom if u n2tlk

lol kthxbye

Kev 8===>

• stevenewatson - Feb 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM

OK. For some reason, I found this beyond hysterical; had me laughing out loud!

• tfbuckfutter - Feb 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM

My goal is to get rich by making just one person laugh at every joke I make.

It’s called the Carrot Top Model.

6. proudlycanadian - Feb 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Are they Facebook friends?

7. bananalaundry - Feb 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM

IS THE HATCHET TRULY BURIED?

Racist.

• bigharold - Feb 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM

“IS THE HATCHET TRULY BURIED?”

If in the first inter squad game Joba doesn’t knock him on his ass, .. well I guess it is.

But, .. remember. Youk has NEVER seen an inside pitch that he didn’t take offense to.

Man, .. when does the season start? I think we’ve covered just about everything possible this odd, ..er off season.

8. Jonny 5 - Feb 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Is this what happens when a Blood becomes a Crip? All your new gang members calling you ” yo man sorry I shot at you that one time, I’m glad you didn’t die.” Then because you’re still pissed you text them back that it’s ok.

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3789)