Feb 5, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
A couple of weeks ago we were hipped to the other big Yankees drama this offseason: whether Kevin Youkilis was ever going to return that voice mail Joba Chamberlain left him after Youkilis signed with New York. IS THE HATCHET TRULY BURIED? some wondered, eager with anticipation.
The answer: yes. It’s buried:
Or is it? Because let’s face it: an actual call is more significant than a text, right? Joba CALLED Kevin! And all Kevin can do is text him back? Like, whatever. The only way to disrespect him more is to try to Facebook-message him, am I right? Kevin may think he’s patched things up, but when everyone comes back to class after summer vacation, I think he’s going to find that he’s getting the cold shoulder in the cafeteria.
Er, the clubhouse. I meant the clubhouse. Because this is not junior high school. Not at all.
Apr 21, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
The future is now.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
How much longer will the 37-year-old will keep trying after sitting out all of 2014?
Apr 21, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
But, like everything else having to do with their treatment of him, there’s a thread of cynicism to it.
Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records
Apr 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Seven games later he’s made history.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
A writer who once ripped Barry Bonds for 400 pages or so talked with Bonds’ son about the nature of celebrity and celebrity villains.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Off-balance, running the other way, across his body, deep in the hole and he STILL got the speedy Brett Gardner.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:44 AM EDT
The F-bombs were hilarious, but the substance of Price’s rant was far more telling.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
The future is now in Chicago.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy landed on the disabled list after exiting his season debut on April 9 with a mild left hamstring strain, but he’s on track to return Saturday against the Dodgers.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Things are quickly going from bad to worse for the Brewers.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
This from Reds manager Bryan Price is not a good look at all.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:49 PM EDT
Tonight’s Cubs-Pirates game was delayed for 23 minutes after a woman was hit in the back of the head by a foul ball in the top of the second inning.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
The Rockies are calling him day-to-day.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
Ben Zobrist left Sunday’s game due to left knee soreness and he’s now slated to miss at least another couple of days after receiving a cortisone shot.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:29 PM EDT
Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander had to cut a simulated game short last Wednesday and he’s currently in shutdown mode due to continued soreness in his throwing arm.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
The Mets won their eighth straight game Sunday against the Marlins to improve to 10-3 on the year, but it came as a cost, as catcher Travis d’Arnaud and left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins were forced to leave the game due to injuries. Today we learned a little bit more about how long they’ll be sidelined.
Apr 20, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
It’s been a facility in flux since the Dodgers left in 2008, but it has a new life under new management.
Apr 20, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
It was bad enough that he needed stitches.
Apr 20, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
Last season he threw 184 innings with a 4.11 ERA and 139/67 K/BB ratio.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 4
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 22
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 29
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)