Feb 5, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Pagan re-signed with the Giants for $40 million over four years, they signed Torres to a one-year, $2 million deal in December, and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that they’ve also signed Ramirez.
So the Giants made a great trade that helped them win a World Series and then inexpensively reacquired the two players they traded away. There’s a chance they’ll end up regretting the big contract for Pagan, of course, that’s pretty good work in general.
Ramirez mostly struggled last season with a 4.24 ERA and 52/35 K/BB ratio in 64 innings for the Mets, but the 31-year-old right-hander has a 3.32 career ERA and was fantastic for the Giants the first time around.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)