Feb 5, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Pagan re-signed with the Giants for $40 million over four years, they signed Torres to a one-year, $2 million deal in December, and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that they’ve also signed Ramirez.
So the Giants made a great trade that helped them win a World Series and then inexpensively reacquired the two players they traded away. There’s a chance they’ll end up regretting the big contract for Pagan, of course, that’s pretty good work in general.
Ramirez mostly struggled last season with a 4.24 ERA and 52/35 K/BB ratio in 64 innings for the Mets, but the 31-year-old right-hander has a 3.32 career ERA and was fantastic for the Giants the first time around.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 35
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)