Feb 5, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Pagan re-signed with the Giants for $40 million over four years, they signed Torres to a one-year, $2 million deal in December, and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that they’ve also signed Ramirez.
So the Giants made a great trade that helped them win a World Series and then inexpensively reacquired the two players they traded away. There’s a chance they’ll end up regretting the big contract for Pagan, of course, that’s pretty good work in general.
Ramirez mostly struggled last season with a 4.24 ERA and 52/35 K/BB ratio in 64 innings for the Mets, but the 31-year-old right-hander has a 3.32 career ERA and was fantastic for the Giants the first time around.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)