Feb 5, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Pagan re-signed with the Giants for $40 million over four years, they signed Torres to a one-year, $2 million deal in December, and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that they’ve also signed Ramirez.
So the Giants made a great trade that helped them win a World Series and then inexpensively reacquired the two players they traded away. There’s a chance they’ll end up regretting the big contract for Pagan, of course, that’s pretty good work in general.
Ramirez mostly struggled last season with a 4.24 ERA and 52/35 K/BB ratio in 64 innings for the Mets, but the 31-year-old right-hander has a 3.32 career ERA and was fantastic for the Giants the first time around.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)