Feb 5, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Pagan re-signed with the Giants for $40 million over four years, they signed Torres to a one-year, $2 million deal in December, and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that they’ve also signed Ramirez.
So the Giants made a great trade that helped them win a World Series and then inexpensively reacquired the two players they traded away. There’s a chance they’ll end up regretting the big contract for Pagan, of course, that’s pretty good work in general.
Ramirez mostly struggled last season with a 4.24 ERA and 52/35 K/BB ratio in 64 innings for the Mets, but the 31-year-old right-hander has a 3.32 career ERA and was fantastic for the Giants the first time around.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)