Feb 5, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies spoke recently to the representatives for free agent right-hander Derek Lowe. But the Colorado front office is only interested in signing the veteran starter to a minor league deal and Lowe is currently holding out for something a little more lucrative.
Lowe posted a 5.11 ERA and 1.62 WHIP in 142 2/3 frames last year between the Indians and Yankees, recording only 55 strikeouts and issuing 51 walks.
The 39-year-old recently finished up a four-year, $60 million contract that paid him $15 million in 2012. He has earned $110.4 million in his 16-year career.
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 18
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 61
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 22
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 6
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2