Feb 5, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies spoke recently to the representatives for free agent right-hander Derek Lowe. But the Colorado front office is only interested in signing the veteran starter to a minor league deal and Lowe is currently holding out for something a little more lucrative.
Lowe posted a 5.11 ERA and 1.62 WHIP in 142 2/3 frames last year between the Indians and Yankees, recording only 55 strikeouts and issuing 51 walks.
The 39-year-old recently finished up a four-year, $60 million contract that paid him $15 million in 2012. He has earned $110.4 million in his 16-year career.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)