Feb 5, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies spoke recently to the representatives for free agent right-hander Derek Lowe. But the Colorado front office is only interested in signing the veteran starter to a minor league deal and Lowe is currently holding out for something a little more lucrative.
Lowe posted a 5.11 ERA and 1.62 WHIP in 142 2/3 frames last year between the Indians and Yankees, recording only 55 strikeouts and issuing 51 walks.
The 39-year-old recently finished up a four-year, $60 million contract that paid him $15 million in 2012. He has earned $110.4 million in his 16-year career.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)