Feb 5, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies spoke recently to the representatives for free agent right-hander Derek Lowe. But the Colorado front office is only interested in signing the veteran starter to a minor league deal and Lowe is currently holding out for something a little more lucrative.
Lowe posted a 5.11 ERA and 1.62 WHIP in 142 2/3 frames last year between the Indians and Yankees, recording only 55 strikeouts and issuing 51 walks.
The 39-year-old recently finished up a four-year, $60 million contract that paid him $15 million in 2012. He has earned $110.4 million in his 16-year career.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)