Feb 5, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies spoke recently to the representatives for free agent right-hander Derek Lowe. But the Colorado front office is only interested in signing the veteran starter to a minor league deal and Lowe is currently holding out for something a little more lucrative.
Lowe posted a 5.11 ERA and 1.62 WHIP in 142 2/3 frames last year between the Indians and Yankees, recording only 55 strikeouts and issuing 51 walks.
The 39-year-old recently finished up a four-year, $60 million contract that paid him $15 million in 2012. He has earned $110.4 million in his 16-year career.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 100
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 151
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)