Feb 5, 2013, 9:39 PM EST
“During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples. There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list. I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch. I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter.”
It seems odd that Braun couldn’t find a more qualified consultant than Bosch and you have to wonder why Braun’s attorneys were “previously familiar with” the guy.
Major League Baseball is launching an investigation into the Miami-based Biogenesis clinic and all of the players that have been listed in its records. Braun will likely have a sit-down with MLB’s investigators soon.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)