Feb 5, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
With the Mets in a (public) full court press on Michael Bourn, Buster Olney notes the existence of another potential suitor:
Indians among the teams that might have interest in Michael Bourn if his price tag dropped A LOT. Lots of clubs trolling for bargains now.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 5, 2013
Seems like a stretch. The Indians already have Nick Swisher, Michael Brantley and Drew Stubbs in their outfield. They don’t have a DH, of course, but they didn’t sign Swisher to be a DH and not many teams truly juggle that juggle-your-DH thing with players rotating through the slot that well.
Speculation? Boras being all tricksy? It’s all possible now.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)