Feb 5, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
With the Mets in a (public) full court press on Michael Bourn, Buster Olney notes the existence of another potential suitor:
Indians among the teams that might have interest in Michael Bourn if his price tag dropped A LOT. Lots of clubs trolling for bargains now.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 5, 2013
Seems like a stretch. The Indians already have Nick Swisher, Michael Brantley and Drew Stubbs in their outfield. They don’t have a DH, of course, but they didn’t sign Swisher to be a DH and not many teams truly juggle that juggle-your-DH thing with players rotating through the slot that well.
Speculation? Boras being all tricksy? It’s all possible now.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)