Feb 5, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
With the Mets in a (public) full court press on Michael Bourn, Buster Olney notes the existence of another potential suitor:
Indians among the teams that might have interest in Michael Bourn if his price tag dropped A LOT. Lots of clubs trolling for bargains now.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 5, 2013
Seems like a stretch. The Indians already have Nick Swisher, Michael Brantley and Drew Stubbs in their outfield. They don’t have a DH, of course, but they didn’t sign Swisher to be a DH and not many teams truly juggle that juggle-your-DH thing with players rotating through the slot that well.
Speculation? Boras being all tricksy? It’s all possible now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)