Feb 5, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
With the Mets in a (public) full court press on Michael Bourn, Buster Olney notes the existence of another potential suitor:
Indians among the teams that might have interest in Michael Bourn if his price tag dropped A LOT. Lots of clubs trolling for bargains now.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 5, 2013
Seems like a stretch. The Indians already have Nick Swisher, Michael Brantley and Drew Stubbs in their outfield. They don’t have a DH, of course, but they didn’t sign Swisher to be a DH and not many teams truly juggle that juggle-your-DH thing with players rotating through the slot that well.
Speculation? Boras being all tricksy? It’s all possible now.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 77
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 58
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)