Feb 5, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
With the Mets in a (public) full court press on Michael Bourn, Buster Olney notes the existence of another potential suitor:
Indians among the teams that might have interest in Michael Bourn if his price tag dropped A LOT. Lots of clubs trolling for bargains now.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) February 5, 2013
Seems like a stretch. The Indians already have Nick Swisher, Michael Brantley and Drew Stubbs in their outfield. They don’t have a DH, of course, but they didn’t sign Swisher to be a DH and not many teams truly juggle that juggle-your-DH thing with players rotating through the slot that well.
Speculation? Boras being all tricksy? It’s all possible now.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 7
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 92
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (93)