Feb 6, 2013, 8:28 AM EST
What, you were expecting Rickey Romero?
I like the announcement of Opening Day starters. Even in cases like this one where it seems pretty obvious who it will be. Heck, even when Jim Leyland says that Justin Verlander will take the hill on Opening Day for Detroit, I’ll get an extra spring in my step.
Baseball is coming, folks.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 39
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (115)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)