Feb 6, 2013, 8:28 AM EDT
What, you were expecting Rickey Romero?
I like the announcement of Opening Day starters. Even in cases like this one where it seems pretty obvious who it will be. Heck, even when Jim Leyland says that Justin Verlander will take the hill on Opening Day for Detroit, I’ll get an extra spring in my step.
Baseball is coming, folks.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)