Feb 6, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
The Giants have wrapped up their final arb. case.
No word yet on the exact financial layout.
Romo posted a dominant 1.79 ERA and 0.85 WHIP over 69 appearances last season, fanning 63 batters and issuing only 10 walks in 55 1/3 innings. He was also a force in the playoffs, racking up three saves against the Tigers in the Giants’ World Series sweep.
The 29-year-old right-hander boasts a 2.20 career ERA, a 0.88 career WHIP and a 10.7 career K/9 through his first five major league seasons. He will be eligible for free agency heading into the 2015 campaign.
UPDATE, 10:33 PM: Schulman says Romo will make $3.5 million in 2013 and $5.5 million in 2014. So it’s a two-year, $9 million contract.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)