Feb 6, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
The Giants have wrapped up their final arb. case.
No word yet on the exact financial layout.
Romo posted a dominant 1.79 ERA and 0.85 WHIP over 69 appearances last season, fanning 63 batters and issuing only 10 walks in 55 1/3 innings. He was also a force in the playoffs, racking up three saves against the Tigers in the Giants’ World Series sweep.
The 29-year-old right-hander boasts a 2.20 career ERA, a 0.88 career WHIP and a 10.7 career K/9 through his first five major league seasons. He will be eligible for free agency heading into the 2015 campaign.
UPDATE, 10:33 PM: Schulman says Romo will make $3.5 million in 2013 and $5.5 million in 2014. So it’s a two-year, $9 million contract.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)