Feb 6, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
The Giants have wrapped up their final arb. case.
No word yet on the exact financial layout.
Romo posted a dominant 1.79 ERA and 0.85 WHIP over 69 appearances last season, fanning 63 batters and issuing only 10 walks in 55 1/3 innings. He was also a force in the playoffs, racking up three saves against the Tigers in the Giants’ World Series sweep.
The 29-year-old right-hander boasts a 2.20 career ERA, a 0.88 career WHIP and a 10.7 career K/9 through his first five major league seasons. He will be eligible for free agency heading into the 2015 campaign.
UPDATE, 10:33 PM: Schulman says Romo will make $3.5 million in 2013 and $5.5 million in 2014. So it’s a two-year, $9 million contract.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 0
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 15
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)