Feb 6, 2013, 7:39 PM EST
The Giants have wrapped up their final arb. case.
No word yet on the exact financial layout.
Romo posted a dominant 1.79 ERA and 0.85 WHIP over 69 appearances last season, fanning 63 batters and issuing only 10 walks in 55 1/3 innings. He was also a force in the playoffs, racking up three saves against the Tigers in the Giants’ World Series sweep.
The 29-year-old right-hander boasts a 2.20 career ERA, a 0.88 career WHIP and a 10.7 career K/9 through his first five major league seasons. He will be eligible for free agency heading into the 2015 campaign.
UPDATE, 10:33 PM: Schulman says Romo will make $3.5 million in 2013 and $5.5 million in 2014. So it’s a two-year, $9 million contract.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)