Feb 6, 2013, 7:39 PM EST
The Giants have wrapped up their final arb. case.
No word yet on the exact financial layout.
Romo posted a dominant 1.79 ERA and 0.85 WHIP over 69 appearances last season, fanning 63 batters and issuing only 10 walks in 55 1/3 innings. He was also a force in the playoffs, racking up three saves against the Tigers in the Giants’ World Series sweep.
The 29-year-old right-hander boasts a 2.20 career ERA, a 0.88 career WHIP and a 10.7 career K/9 through his first five major league seasons. He will be eligible for free agency heading into the 2015 campaign.
UPDATE, 10:33 PM: Schulman says Romo will make $3.5 million in 2013 and $5.5 million in 2014. So it’s a two-year, $9 million contract.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)