Feb 6, 2013, 9:26 AM EDT
The Michael Bourn stalemate had previously been described as Bourn wanting a five year deal and the Mets being unwilling to go beyond three. Viva compromise, as Joel Sherman notes in the middle of his piece about the Scott Boras-Mets game of chicken, that Sandy Alderson has hinted he will go as many as four years for Bourn.
It’s a good piece beyond that nugget, as it notes the usual Boras pattern: bluffs, followed by bluffs being called by teams, followed by Boras shocking everyone and actually finding deals that more or less matched the bluffs. He’s a fascinating dude.
As of now it’s hard to see who else has a real interest in Bourn besides the Mets. But it was hard to see who else was going to sign a lot of Boras clients just before they signed big deals.
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 2
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 34
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)