Feb 6, 2013, 9:26 AM EST
The Michael Bourn stalemate had previously been described as Bourn wanting a five year deal and the Mets being unwilling to go beyond three. Viva compromise, as Joel Sherman notes in the middle of his piece about the Scott Boras-Mets game of chicken, that Sandy Alderson has hinted he will go as many as four years for Bourn.
It’s a good piece beyond that nugget, as it notes the usual Boras pattern: bluffs, followed by bluffs being called by teams, followed by Boras shocking everyone and actually finding deals that more or less matched the bluffs. He’s a fascinating dude.
As of now it’s hard to see who else has a real interest in Bourn besides the Mets. But it was hard to see who else was going to sign a lot of Boras clients just before they signed big deals.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)