Feb 6, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Torii Hunter Jr. made a verbal commitment to Notre Dame back in September and stuck with his plan, signing a national letter of intent with the Fighting Irish today.
Hunter, whose dad Torii Sr. signed a two-year, $26 million deal with the Tigers this offseason, is a “four star” wide receiver from Prosper, Texas who was offered a scholarship by a bunch of prominent programs.
His status as a freshman is in some doubt, however, because Hunter broke his femur while practicing for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl last month and will need 6-8 months to recover, suggesting he might end up redshirting.
Our friends over at Inside The Irish have a whole lot more about Hunter, but here’s a highlight video:
He may also end up playing baseball at Notre Dame.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)