Feb 6, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Torii Hunter Jr. made a verbal commitment to Notre Dame back in September and stuck with his plan, signing a national letter of intent with the Fighting Irish today.
Hunter, whose dad Torii Sr. signed a two-year, $26 million deal with the Tigers this offseason, is a “four star” wide receiver from Prosper, Texas who was offered a scholarship by a bunch of prominent programs.
His status as a freshman is in some doubt, however, because Hunter broke his femur while practicing for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl last month and will need 6-8 months to recover, suggesting he might end up redshirting.
Our friends over at Inside The Irish have a whole lot more about Hunter, but here’s a highlight video:
He may also end up playing baseball at Notre Dame.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)