Feb 6, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Torii Hunter Jr. made a verbal commitment to Notre Dame back in September and stuck with his plan, signing a national letter of intent with the Fighting Irish today.
Hunter, whose dad Torii Sr. signed a two-year, $26 million deal with the Tigers this offseason, is a “four star” wide receiver from Prosper, Texas who was offered a scholarship by a bunch of prominent programs.
His status as a freshman is in some doubt, however, because Hunter broke his femur while practicing for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl last month and will need 6-8 months to recover, suggesting he might end up redshirting.
Our friends over at Inside The Irish have a whole lot more about Hunter, but here’s a highlight video:
He may also end up playing baseball at Notre Dame.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)