Feb 6, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Torii Hunter Jr. made a verbal commitment to Notre Dame back in September and stuck with his plan, signing a national letter of intent with the Fighting Irish today.
Hunter, whose dad Torii Sr. signed a two-year, $26 million deal with the Tigers this offseason, is a “four star” wide receiver from Prosper, Texas who was offered a scholarship by a bunch of prominent programs.
His status as a freshman is in some doubt, however, because Hunter broke his femur while practicing for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl last month and will need 6-8 months to recover, suggesting he might end up redshirting.
Our friends over at Inside The Irish have a whole lot more about Hunter, but here’s a highlight video:
He may also end up playing baseball at Notre Dame.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 9
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)