Feb 6, 2013, 3:27 PM EST
Your move, Scott Boras:
— Matt Eddy (@eddymk) February 6, 2013
Corey Patterson did not play in the bigs last year. He did play 117 games for the Brewers’ Triple-A team in Nashville, though, where he hit .251/.285/.410. So, yeah.
Yes, it’s only a minor league deal. But the Mets have the thinnest outfield in all of baseball, I reckon, so it’s not crazy to think he stands a good shot at making the big league roster.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)