Feb 6, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
Your move, Scott Boras:
— Matt Eddy (@eddymk) February 6, 2013
Corey Patterson did not play in the bigs last year. He did play 117 games for the Brewers’ Triple-A team in Nashville, though, where he hit .251/.285/.410. So, yeah.
Yes, it’s only a minor league deal. But the Mets have the thinnest outfield in all of baseball, I reckon, so it’s not crazy to think he stands a good shot at making the big league roster.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)