Feb 7, 2013, 11:35 PM EST
UPDATE: FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that Lyon is set to receive between $750,000 and $900,000 guaranteed. He could max out at $2.4 million if he reaches certain incentives.
Lyon obviously isn’t a big name, but he’s coming off a season in which he threw 61 innings with a 3.10 ERA and 63/20 K/BB ratio and has a combined 3.59 ERA in 434 innings during the past six seasons.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 6
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 9
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 161
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (161)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)