Feb 7, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that Lyon is set to receive between $750,000 and $900,000 guaranteed. He could max out at $2.4 million if he reaches certain incentives.
Lyon obviously isn’t a big name, but he’s coming off a season in which he threw 61 innings with a 3.10 ERA and 63/20 K/BB ratio and has a combined 3.59 ERA in 434 innings during the past six seasons.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 18
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)