Feb 7, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Chris Haft of MLB.com sets the scene for Bochy’s talk with the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco, which involved answering questions from the audience:
Emphasizing that Sabean decides which players to sign, Bochy said, “I can’t say that [Wilson] will be back.” But, Bochy added, “I can’t say the door’s closed on Brian Wilson. … I don’t think that’s completely shut.”
It’s possible that Bochy was just playing to his audience–Haft notes that multiple people asked the manager about Wilson–but it’s also possible that the former closer’s price tag is so minimal that the Giants may figure there’s no downside.
Wilson recently worked out for the Mets and they reportedly weren’t impressed.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)