Feb 7, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Chris Haft of MLB.com sets the scene for Bochy’s talk with the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco, which involved answering questions from the audience:
Emphasizing that Sabean decides which players to sign, Bochy said, “I can’t say that [Wilson] will be back.” But, Bochy added, “I can’t say the door’s closed on Brian Wilson. … I don’t think that’s completely shut.”
It’s possible that Bochy was just playing to his audience–Haft notes that multiple people asked the manager about Wilson–but it’s also possible that the former closer’s price tag is so minimal that the Giants may figure there’s no downside.
Wilson recently worked out for the Mets and they reportedly weren’t impressed.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27