Feb 7, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Chris Haft of MLB.com sets the scene for Bochy’s talk with the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco, which involved answering questions from the audience:
Emphasizing that Sabean decides which players to sign, Bochy said, “I can’t say that [Wilson] will be back.” But, Bochy added, “I can’t say the door’s closed on Brian Wilson. … I don’t think that’s completely shut.”
It’s possible that Bochy was just playing to his audience–Haft notes that multiple people asked the manager about Wilson–but it’s also possible that the former closer’s price tag is so minimal that the Giants may figure there’s no downside.
Wilson recently worked out for the Mets and they reportedly weren’t impressed.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)