Feb 7, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Chris Haft of MLB.com sets the scene for Bochy’s talk with the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco, which involved answering questions from the audience:
Emphasizing that Sabean decides which players to sign, Bochy said, “I can’t say that [Wilson] will be back.” But, Bochy added, “I can’t say the door’s closed on Brian Wilson. … I don’t think that’s completely shut.”
It’s possible that Bochy was just playing to his audience–Haft notes that multiple people asked the manager about Wilson–but it’s also possible that the former closer’s price tag is so minimal that the Giants may figure there’s no downside.
Wilson recently worked out for the Mets and they reportedly weren’t impressed.
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 11
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29