Feb 7, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Back in November we learned of the dog dilemma faced by Mark Buehrle‘s family. They have a pit bull, but Ontario has outlawed pit bull ownership. This meant either getting rid of the dog or Buehrle’s family not joining him in Toronto when the Blue Jays’ season starts.
Jerry Crasnick reports that the family is going to leave Mark on his own:
Mark will spend his 14th big league season in Canada while Jamie lives more than 800 miles away with 5-year-old son Braden, 3-year-old daughter Brooklyn, Slater and the family’s three vizslas, Drake, Diesel and Duke. As the family settles in for spring training in Dunedin, Fla., Buehrle is struggling to accept the idea that togetherness is short-lived and he will be coming home to an empty house in April.
Everyone has to make their own decision, but man. I think I’d find a new home for the dog before I’d willingly spend six months away from my family.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)