Feb 7, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Back in November we learned of the dog dilemma faced by Mark Buehrle‘s family. They have a pit bull, but Ontario has outlawed pit bull ownership. This meant either getting rid of the dog or Buehrle’s family not joining him in Toronto when the Blue Jays’ season starts.
Jerry Crasnick reports that the family is going to leave Mark on his own:
Mark will spend his 14th big league season in Canada while Jamie lives more than 800 miles away with 5-year-old son Braden, 3-year-old daughter Brooklyn, Slater and the family’s three vizslas, Drake, Diesel and Duke. As the family settles in for spring training in Dunedin, Fla., Buehrle is struggling to accept the idea that togetherness is short-lived and he will be coming home to an empty house in April.
Everyone has to make their own decision, but man. I think I’d find a new home for the dog before I’d willingly spend six months away from my family.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 23
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 31
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)