Feb 7, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Aviles was traded twice this offseason, going from the Red Sox to the Blue Jays as compensation for manager John Farrell and then going from the Blue Jays to the Indians for Esmil Rogers.
Aviles was basically an everyday player for the Red Sox last season, but hit just .250 with a .663 OPS in 136 games and is slated to be a utility man in Cleveland at age 31. Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the two-year deal is worth $6 million.
- Mariners acquire Mark Trumbo from the Diamondbacks 4
- Video: Masahiro Tanaka shines in return from disabled list 5
- Marlon Byrd hits disabled list with fractured wrist 0
- Red Sox acquire Alejandro De Aza from Orioles 27
- Video: Lloyd McClendon got ejected, threw another tantrum 33
- Albert Pujols ties Jimmie Foxx on the all-time home run list 31
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 104
- Matt Holliday’s historical on-base streak ends with ejection 86
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (186)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (103)