Feb 7, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Aviles was traded twice this offseason, going from the Red Sox to the Blue Jays as compensation for manager John Farrell and then going from the Blue Jays to the Indians for Esmil Rogers.
Aviles was basically an everyday player for the Red Sox last season, but hit just .250 with a .663 OPS in 136 games and is slated to be a utility man in Cleveland at age 31. Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the two-year deal is worth $6 million.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 56
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)