Feb 7, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Aviles was traded twice this offseason, going from the Red Sox to the Blue Jays as compensation for manager John Farrell and then going from the Blue Jays to the Indians for Esmil Rogers.
Aviles was basically an everyday player for the Red Sox last season, but hit just .250 with a .663 OPS in 136 games and is slated to be a utility man in Cleveland at age 31. Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the two-year deal is worth $6 million.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 113
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 3
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (116)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)