Feb 7, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Aviles was traded twice this offseason, going from the Red Sox to the Blue Jays as compensation for manager John Farrell and then going from the Blue Jays to the Indians for Esmil Rogers.
Aviles was basically an everyday player for the Red Sox last season, but hit just .250 with a .663 OPS in 136 games and is slated to be a utility man in Cleveland at age 31. Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the two-year deal is worth $6 million.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)