Feb 7, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Aviles was traded twice this offseason, going from the Red Sox to the Blue Jays as compensation for manager John Farrell and then going from the Blue Jays to the Indians for Esmil Rogers.
Aviles was basically an everyday player for the Red Sox last season, but hit just .250 with a .663 OPS in 136 games and is slated to be a utility man in Cleveland at age 31. Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the two-year deal is worth $6 million.
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 5
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 88
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)