Feb 7, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
Rich Hill, who came back from elbow problems to pitch well down the stretch for the Red Sox last season, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Indians that includes an invitation to spring training.
Hill has been plagued by arm problems throughout his career, but when healthy he’s shown the potential to be a valuable reliever with a 1.14 ERA and 10.2 strikeouts per nine innings in limited MLB action from 2010-2012.
Cleveland already had a relatively deep group of bullpen options in place, but Hill could work his way into a middle relief or left-handed specialist gig.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)