Feb 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
I guess as long as he doesn’t throw a no hitter in his last spring training start it’ll be OK. From ESPN New York:
If Johan Santana is ready to go, and Terry Collins does not expect otherwise, Collins tenatively intends for the southpaw to start on Opening Day, April 1 against the San Diego Padres at Citi Field.
“My guess is that’s what it’ll be,” Collins told ESPNNewYork.com.
Santana was 6-9 with a 4.85 ERA last year and was shut down down the stretch with back problems. He’s supposed to be healthy now. It’s been five years since he had a full season’s worth of starts.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)