Feb 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
I guess as long as he doesn’t throw a no hitter in his last spring training start it’ll be OK. From ESPN New York:
If Johan Santana is ready to go, and Terry Collins does not expect otherwise, Collins tenatively intends for the southpaw to start on Opening Day, April 1 against the San Diego Padres at Citi Field.
“My guess is that’s what it’ll be,” Collins told ESPNNewYork.com.
Santana was 6-9 with a 4.85 ERA last year and was shut down down the stretch with back problems. He’s supposed to be healthy now. It’s been five years since he had a full season’s worth of starts.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)