Feb 7, 2013, 3:34 PM EST
I guess as long as he doesn’t throw a no hitter in his last spring training start it’ll be OK. From ESPN New York:
If Johan Santana is ready to go, and Terry Collins does not expect otherwise, Collins tenatively intends for the southpaw to start on Opening Day, April 1 against the San Diego Padres at Citi Field.
“My guess is that’s what it’ll be,” Collins told ESPNNewYork.com.
Santana was 6-9 with a 4.85 ERA last year and was shut down down the stretch with back problems. He’s supposed to be healthy now. It’s been five years since he had a full season’s worth of starts.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)