Feb 7, 2013, 8:54 AM EST
Remember last month when a baseball card — really a photo mounted on card stock, but which was copied and handed out to fans — was found at a yard sale in rural Maine was found? Well, it went to auction:
The card depicting the Brooklyn Atlantics amateur baseball club drew plenty of interest Wednesday night, starting with an opening bid of $10,000 and quickly rising to $92,000, which included an 18-percent premium. The name of the buyer was not released by Saco River Auction Co. in Biddeford.
Charlie Sheen, right? Has to be Sheen.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)