Feb 8, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Released by the Mariners with one season remaining on a four-year, $36 million deal, Chone Figgins has latched on with the Marlins.
Figgins signed a minor-league deal that includes an invitation to spring training, where the 35-year-old will presumably compete for a bench spot after hitting .185 in 147 games over the past two seasons.
Figgins looked all sorts of washed up in Seattle, but he certainly picked the right place to perhaps hang on for one more season.
Either way, he’ll make $8 million this season from the old Mariners’ contract.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)