Feb 8, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Freese was arbitration eligible for the first time after hitting .293 with 20 homers and an .839 OPS in 144 games last season, the first year in which he’s played more than 100 games. He requested $3.75 million and the Cardinals countered at $2.4 million.
No word on the exact money yet, but Goold says Freese will get more than $3 million for his age-30 season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)