Feb 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Crasnick it’s a minor-league contract that would pay $1.5 million upfront and another $600,000 in potential incentives if Lowe makes the team.
Injuries have plagued Lowe for years, but he’s never stopped throwing in the mid-90s and when healthy he’s pretty consistently been a solid setup man with a 3.60 ERA and 151/67 K/BB ratio in 178 innings since 2009.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)