Feb 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Crasnick it’s a minor-league contract that would pay $1.5 million upfront and another $600,000 in potential incentives if Lowe makes the team.
Injuries have plagued Lowe for years, but he’s never stopped throwing in the mid-90s and when healthy he’s pretty consistently been a solid setup man with a 3.60 ERA and 151/67 K/BB ratio in 178 innings since 2009.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105