Feb 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Crasnick it’s a minor-league contract that would pay $1.5 million upfront and another $600,000 in potential incentives if Lowe makes the team.
Injuries have plagued Lowe for years, but he’s never stopped throwing in the mid-90s and when healthy he’s pretty consistently been a solid setup man with a 3.60 ERA and 151/67 K/BB ratio in 178 innings since 2009.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)