Feb 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Crasnick it’s a minor-league contract that would pay $1.5 million upfront and another $600,000 in potential incentives if Lowe makes the team.
Injuries have plagued Lowe for years, but he’s never stopped throwing in the mid-90s and when healthy he’s pretty consistently been a solid setup man with a 3.60 ERA and 151/67 K/BB ratio in 178 innings since 2009.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)