Feb 8, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
I somehow missed Mike Lupica’s column about Ryan Braun from yesterday. Kind of sad I’m only seeing it now, because it contains some amazingly useful information! For example, did you know that anyone — even private businesses — can convene grand juries? Even when there is no criminal investigation, no arrest, no suspects or anything?
There is only one way for Major League Baseball and for the rest of us to get the answers we need on Bosch the “biochemist” and Braun and A-Rod and all the other misunderstood ballplayers who have made the PED version of the Dean’s List, known as Bosch’s List: Get everybody in front of a grand jury and make them tell their stories under oath, not to their PR men.
Make them all explain why they were associating with a PED pusher like Anthony Bosch in the first place.
This is a fabulous opportunity! If anyone can convene a grand jury I can finally indict that no good neighbor of mine who lets his dog poop in my yard! The possibilities are endless.
But it’s not just the grand jury stuff. Lupica offers all kinds of opinions about the legal system in this column. He knows how lawyers should or should not choose their consultants and experts as well as how much they cost. He’s well-versed in arbitration process and procedure. Really, he knows it all!
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 8
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)