Feb 8, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
I somehow missed Mike Lupica’s column about Ryan Braun from yesterday. Kind of sad I’m only seeing it now, because it contains some amazingly useful information! For example, did you know that anyone — even private businesses — can convene grand juries? Even when there is no criminal investigation, no arrest, no suspects or anything?
There is only one way for Major League Baseball and for the rest of us to get the answers we need on Bosch the “biochemist” and Braun and A-Rod and all the other misunderstood ballplayers who have made the PED version of the Dean’s List, known as Bosch’s List: Get everybody in front of a grand jury and make them tell their stories under oath, not to their PR men.
Make them all explain why they were associating with a PED pusher like Anthony Bosch in the first place.
This is a fabulous opportunity! If anyone can convene a grand jury I can finally indict that no good neighbor of mine who lets his dog poop in my yard! The possibilities are endless.
But it’s not just the grand jury stuff. Lupica offers all kinds of opinions about the legal system in this column. He knows how lawyers should or should not choose their consultants and experts as well as how much they cost. He’s well-versed in arbitration process and procedure. Really, he knows it all!
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)