Feb 8, 2013, 5:32 PM EST
I somehow missed Mike Lupica’s column about Ryan Braun from yesterday. Kind of sad I’m only seeing it now, because it contains some amazingly useful information! For example, did you know that anyone — even private businesses — can convene grand juries? Even when there is no criminal investigation, no arrest, no suspects or anything?
There is only one way for Major League Baseball and for the rest of us to get the answers we need on Bosch the “biochemist” and Braun and A-Rod and all the other misunderstood ballplayers who have made the PED version of the Dean’s List, known as Bosch’s List: Get everybody in front of a grand jury and make them tell their stories under oath, not to their PR men.
Make them all explain why they were associating with a PED pusher like Anthony Bosch in the first place.
This is a fabulous opportunity! If anyone can convene a grand jury I can finally indict that no good neighbor of mine who lets his dog poop in my yard! The possibilities are endless.
But it’s not just the grand jury stuff. Lupica offers all kinds of opinions about the legal system in this column. He knows how lawyers should or should not choose their consultants and experts as well as how much they cost. He’s well-versed in arbitration process and procedure. Really, he knows it all!
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)