Feb 8, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
I somehow missed Mike Lupica’s column about Ryan Braun from yesterday. Kind of sad I’m only seeing it now, because it contains some amazingly useful information! For example, did you know that anyone — even private businesses — can convene grand juries? Even when there is no criminal investigation, no arrest, no suspects or anything?
There is only one way for Major League Baseball and for the rest of us to get the answers we need on Bosch the “biochemist” and Braun and A-Rod and all the other misunderstood ballplayers who have made the PED version of the Dean’s List, known as Bosch’s List: Get everybody in front of a grand jury and make them tell their stories under oath, not to their PR men.
Make them all explain why they were associating with a PED pusher like Anthony Bosch in the first place.
This is a fabulous opportunity! If anyone can convene a grand jury I can finally indict that no good neighbor of mine who lets his dog poop in my yard! The possibilities are endless.
But it’s not just the grand jury stuff. Lupica offers all kinds of opinions about the legal system in this column. He knows how lawyers should or should not choose their consultants and experts as well as how much they cost. He’s well-versed in arbitration process and procedure. Really, he knows it all!
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)