Feb 8, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
And we’re done here, apparently. A statement was released from Major League Baseball with respect to Curt Schilling’s statement on Wednesday that someone with the Red Sox advised him to take PEDs back in 2008:
“At the time of the incident in question in 2008, the Boston Red Sox immediately reported the allegations to Major League Baseball as required by our investigative protocols. Once the Red Sox reported the matter, Major League Baseball assumed sole responsibility for the investigation. The Club handled the matter consistent with all MLB rules and requirements and in a manner that was above reproach.
“Major League Baseball thoroughly investigated the allegations and considers the matter closed.”
I still find it somewhat hard to believe that Jed Hoyer, who was then the assistant GM, never heard about this until yesterday. Nor team president and CEO Larry Lucchino. And I’m not sure how why the source I spoke with yesterday afternoon at Major League Baseball said that MLB will look into the matter wasn’t aware that the matter had already been looked into. Seems like something at least one of these people probably should have known about.
Oh well. Thankfully everyone remembered it all by around 5PM yesterday, so that worked out nicely.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)