Feb 8, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
And we’re done here, apparently. A statement was released from Major League Baseball with respect to Curt Schilling’s statement on Wednesday that someone with the Red Sox advised him to take PEDs back in 2008:
“At the time of the incident in question in 2008, the Boston Red Sox immediately reported the allegations to Major League Baseball as required by our investigative protocols. Once the Red Sox reported the matter, Major League Baseball assumed sole responsibility for the investigation. The Club handled the matter consistent with all MLB rules and requirements and in a manner that was above reproach.
“Major League Baseball thoroughly investigated the allegations and considers the matter closed.”
I still find it somewhat hard to believe that Jed Hoyer, who was then the assistant GM, never heard about this until yesterday. Nor team president and CEO Larry Lucchino. And I’m not sure how why the source I spoke with yesterday afternoon at Major League Baseball said that MLB will look into the matter wasn’t aware that the matter had already been looked into. Seems like something at least one of these people probably should have known about.
Oh well. Thankfully everyone remembered it all by around 5PM yesterday, so that worked out nicely.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 73
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)