Feb 8, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
And we’re done here, apparently. A statement was released from Major League Baseball with respect to Curt Schilling’s statement on Wednesday that someone with the Red Sox advised him to take PEDs back in 2008:
“At the time of the incident in question in 2008, the Boston Red Sox immediately reported the allegations to Major League Baseball as required by our investigative protocols. Once the Red Sox reported the matter, Major League Baseball assumed sole responsibility for the investigation. The Club handled the matter consistent with all MLB rules and requirements and in a manner that was above reproach.
“Major League Baseball thoroughly investigated the allegations and considers the matter closed.”
I still find it somewhat hard to believe that Jed Hoyer, who was then the assistant GM, never heard about this until yesterday. Nor team president and CEO Larry Lucchino. And I’m not sure how why the source I spoke with yesterday afternoon at Major League Baseball said that MLB will look into the matter wasn’t aware that the matter had already been looked into. Seems like something at least one of these people probably should have known about.
Oh well. Thankfully everyone remembered it all by around 5PM yesterday, so that worked out nicely.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)