Feb 8, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
You laugh, but I bet this — reported by Ken Rosenthal — will do more to keep ballplayers away from crank wellness doctor/PED peddlers more than anything else:
So fed up that Boras intends to open a private multi-million dollar sports fitness center for his clients who train in South Florida by next year. Boras won’t say it explicitly, but his goal is to protect his clients from people like Anthony Bosch and places like the Biogenesis wellness clinic.
Best part: his clinic is going to be run by former major leaguer Alex Ochoa. That’s fun.
This is just an expansion of his west coast operation, which is insane, frankly. The big free agent dollars are how he gets clients, obviously, but the scope of his operation, which includes accountants, lawyers, trainers, nutritionists, psychologists and the everything else probably helps keep a lot of them too,
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)