Feb 8, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
You laugh, but I bet this — reported by Ken Rosenthal — will do more to keep ballplayers away from crank wellness doctor/PED peddlers more than anything else:
So fed up that Boras intends to open a private multi-million dollar sports fitness center for his clients who train in South Florida by next year. Boras won’t say it explicitly, but his goal is to protect his clients from people like Anthony Bosch and places like the Biogenesis wellness clinic.
Best part: his clinic is going to be run by former major leaguer Alex Ochoa. That’s fun.
This is just an expansion of his west coast operation, which is insane, frankly. The big free agent dollars are how he gets clients, obviously, but the scope of his operation, which includes accountants, lawyers, trainers, nutritionists, psychologists and the everything else probably helps keep a lot of them too,
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8