Feb 8, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
You laugh, but I bet this — reported by Ken Rosenthal — will do more to keep ballplayers away from crank wellness doctor/PED peddlers more than anything else:
So fed up that Boras intends to open a private multi-million dollar sports fitness center for his clients who train in South Florida by next year. Boras won’t say it explicitly, but his goal is to protect his clients from people like Anthony Bosch and places like the Biogenesis wellness clinic.
Best part: his clinic is going to be run by former major leaguer Alex Ochoa. That’s fun.
This is just an expansion of his west coast operation, which is insane, frankly. The big free agent dollars are how he gets clients, obviously, but the scope of his operation, which includes accountants, lawyers, trainers, nutritionists, psychologists and the everything else probably helps keep a lot of them too,
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11