Feb 8, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
You laugh, but I bet this — reported by Ken Rosenthal — will do more to keep ballplayers away from crank wellness doctor/PED peddlers more than anything else:
So fed up that Boras intends to open a private multi-million dollar sports fitness center for his clients who train in South Florida by next year. Boras won’t say it explicitly, but his goal is to protect his clients from people like Anthony Bosch and places like the Biogenesis wellness clinic.
Best part: his clinic is going to be run by former major leaguer Alex Ochoa. That’s fun.
This is just an expansion of his west coast operation, which is insane, frankly. The big free agent dollars are how he gets clients, obviously, but the scope of his operation, which includes accountants, lawyers, trainers, nutritionists, psychologists and the everything else probably helps keep a lot of them too,
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)