The “42” movie poster is out

Feb 8, 2013, 2:31 PM EST

The trailer is cool. Everything I’ve heard about it is cool. Now the poster for the upcoming Jackie Robinson “42” movie is out and it looks cool too:

source:

Gosh, I hope the movie doesn’t suck. It’d be a waste of all this coolness.

1. number42is1 - Feb 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

it’s getting A LOT of hype… i truly hope its awesome

• kopy - Feb 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Well with a username like that…

2. youjivinmeturkey - Feb 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I Totally Agree.
    Lots And LOTS Of Hype.
    Can’t Wait To See It!!! :D

3. The Dangerous Mabry - Feb 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Quick! He’s losing his grip on that wall! I think he’s falling! Someone help!

4. Old Gator - Feb 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I don’t know if this movie sucks or not but…have you ever been on a yacht?

• hojo20 - Feb 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Interesting poster. I didn’t realize Jackie wore his uniform rock climbing too. I’m looking forward to that scene.

5. nolanwiffle - Feb 8, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Looks like he’s about to punch Yogi in the neck.

• dcarroll73 - Feb 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Must be because he was so mad that Yogi tagged him out. I have seen the film of that slide home so many times, and I still say, “Yogi had him.” Aside from watching the play itself, look at Yogi’s reaction to the call. He goes nuts about it, and I ask everyone here you watched Berra play for years, how many times did you EVER see him react to a call? I’m willing to bet there weren’t 5 times in his career. I think he knew he had him cold and could not believe what the ump called. I honor Robinson for everything that he did, but that steal of home is not one of them. (I will openly state that I am a fan of the Giants and the Yanks, and so the Dodgers are not my favorite folks. I am also a progressive who grew up in the ’60s so I am a strong fan of Rickey and Robinson.)

6. DJ MC - Feb 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM

This movie is quickly moving beyond simply questions of “good” or “bad” and right into whether it will be the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.

It’s that important.

• mscxvd - Feb 9, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I believe we already know the answer to that… 42

7. scatterbrian - Feb 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I’m looking forward to the movie, but the poster kinda bugs me. It would have been cooler without the fist-pump, and maybe without the “yeah!” expression.

• jarathen - Feb 8, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I think it’s a great poster. He’s sliding into a base with everything rotated so you get a more natural understanding of his facial expression. There’s both defiance and exuberance in that look. Everything I’ve seen gives me high hopes for Boseman’s performance.

8. indaburg - Feb 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM

It’s an interesting choice for a poster. Showing him sliding into a base, with his fist upright. A hint of the black power salute?

I hope the movie is great. I’ll be very disappointed otherwise.

• Old Gator - Feb 8, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I know what you mean. I remember how I felt coming out of the Roland Emmerich Godzilla.

9. 18thstreet - Feb 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I’d like to miss the point, and state with amazement that there was a time that players didn’t wear batting helmets. Wow.

• jarathen - Feb 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I know, right? Carl Mays killed a guy!

• 18thstreet - Feb 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I see these old clips of DiMaggio or Williams and all I can think is, “HE’S NOT WEARING A HELMET!!!!1!!!one!!”

• mybrunoblog - Feb 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Carl Mays didn’t kill anyone it was the baseball that killed him.

• jarathen - Feb 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Bruno, baseballs don’t kill people, pitchers kill people.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester