Feb 9, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
UPDATE: CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that O’Day is guaranteed a total of $5.8 million. He’ll make $2.2 million this season and $3.2 million in 2014 while the option for 2015 is worth $4.25 million and carries a $400,000 buyout.
4:15 PM: O’Day’s agency, Beverly Hills Sports Council, just announced on their Twitter account that the deal is done. He’ll get a two-year deal with a club option for 2015. No word yet on the terms.
According to MASN Sports’ Roch Kubatko, the Orioles are close to a two-year contract with O’Day which includes an option for 2015. The deal is considered “all but done” and will buy out his final two years of arbitration and potentially his first year of free agency.
O’Day made $1.35 million last season and proved to be a real weapon out of Baltimore’s bullpen. The 30-year-old submariner had a 2.28 ERA and 69/14 K/BB ratio over 67 innings during the regular season and allowed just one hit and one walk over seven shutout innings during the team’s postseason run.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 22
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges