Feb 9, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
UPDATE: CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that O’Day is guaranteed a total of $5.8 million. He’ll make $2.2 million this season and $3.2 million in 2014 while the option for 2015 is worth $4.25 million and carries a $400,000 buyout.
4:15 PM: O’Day’s agency, Beverly Hills Sports Council, just announced on their Twitter account that the deal is done. He’ll get a two-year deal with a club option for 2015. No word yet on the terms.
According to MASN Sports’ Roch Kubatko, the Orioles are close to a two-year contract with O’Day which includes an option for 2015. The deal is considered “all but done” and will buy out his final two years of arbitration and potentially his first year of free agency.
O’Day made $1.35 million last season and proved to be a real weapon out of Baltimore’s bullpen. The 30-year-old submariner had a 2.28 ERA and 69/14 K/BB ratio over 67 innings during the regular season and allowed just one hit and one walk over seven shutout innings during the team’s postseason run.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)