Feb 10, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have finalized their two-year, $5 million free agent contract with Scott Hairston and designated Tony Campana for assignment to clear roster room.
Hairston will get regular playing time in right field this season in Chicago after batting .263 with a solid .803 OPS and a career-high 20 home runs across 398 plate appearances last season for the Mets.
Campana could draw interest from other teams because of his raw speed. He boasts 54 career stolen bases and has been caught only five times since breaking into the major leagues in 2011. The 26-year-old outfielder hit .264/.308/.299 in 2012.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)