Feb 10, 2013, 10:02 AM EST
I read that long piece about Mark Prior over at MLB.com the other day. It was good. But it was missing one key ingredient that this report from CSNChicago.com has:
Prior, who has suffered multiple shoulder injuries, is in the best physical shape of his life, according to two people who have seen him. He has strengthened the area around his shoulder capsule in an attempt to beat the problems that have plagued him for so many years.
After all of these years I don’t think anyone should bet much on Prior coming back. But if he does, it’ll be Team-BSOHL’s greatest accomplishment yet.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)