Feb 11, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
Jon Morosi tweets:
Derek Jeter just took about 80 ground balls at shortstop. Slight side-to-side movements, no throws to first base during the drill.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) February 11, 2013
Yup, “slight side-to-side” movements is the Derek Jeter to which we have all become accustomed these past few years. If he had more than that, especially to his left, we’d have to test him for PEDs.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 5
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 9
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 25
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)