Feb 11, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Source: Hernandez deal with #Mariners still on track. Team working out protective language to protect against future elbow trouble.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 11, 2013
The devil is in the details, of course. It took the Red Sox and Mike Napoli a couple of months to work things out with Napoli’s physical issue. Of course, I don’t imagine the Mariners are trying to get out of the deal so, sure, this could be relatively simple.
I think the most significant thing related to all of this is that Hernandez is on a normal spring training schedule. If they truly thought something was wrong with him, they wouldn’t have him going out there to do they usual do like they are.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles