Feb 11, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Source: Hernandez deal with #Mariners still on track. Team working out protective language to protect against future elbow trouble.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 11, 2013
The devil is in the details, of course. It took the Red Sox and Mike Napoli a couple of months to work things out with Napoli’s physical issue. Of course, I don’t imagine the Mariners are trying to get out of the deal so, sure, this could be relatively simple.
I think the most significant thing related to all of this is that Hernandez is on a normal spring training schedule. If they truly thought something was wrong with him, they wouldn’t have him going out there to do they usual do like they are.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)