Feb 11, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Source: Hernandez deal with #Mariners still on track. Team working out protective language to protect against future elbow trouble.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 11, 2013
The devil is in the details, of course. It took the Red Sox and Mike Napoli a couple of months to work things out with Napoli’s physical issue. Of course, I don’t imagine the Mariners are trying to get out of the deal so, sure, this could be relatively simple.
I think the most significant thing related to all of this is that Hernandez is on a normal spring training schedule. If they truly thought something was wrong with him, they wouldn’t have him going out there to do they usual do like they are.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)