Feb 11, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Source: Hernandez deal with #Mariners still on track. Team working out protective language to protect against future elbow trouble.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 11, 2013
The devil is in the details, of course. It took the Red Sox and Mike Napoli a couple of months to work things out with Napoli’s physical issue. Of course, I don’t imagine the Mariners are trying to get out of the deal so, sure, this could be relatively simple.
I think the most significant thing related to all of this is that Hernandez is on a normal spring training schedule. If they truly thought something was wrong with him, they wouldn’t have him going out there to do they usual do like they are.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)