Feb 11, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
That’s Yankees President Randy Levine. Talking about one of his show dogs:
Meet sweet Mitch, a 5-year-old yellow Labrador retriever. He’s a rookie at America’s top dog show, yet he comes with a pinstripe pedigree — his co-owner is New York Yankees President Randy Levine.
“He’s like Derek Jeter. Very calm,” Levine said.
So on the week baseball spring training begins for pitchers and catchers, Levine will be among the pinschers and cockers. The Westminster Kennel Club show starts Monday, with Mitch set to walk the show ring on Tuesday morning.
Mitch: a true Yankee. Unlike that A-Rod.
In other news, after all of the things I’ve heard said and reported about Levine, I thought it would be impossible to humanize the guy. This helps a lot, though.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)