Feb 11, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
That’s Yankees President Randy Levine. Talking about one of his show dogs:
Meet sweet Mitch, a 5-year-old yellow Labrador retriever. He’s a rookie at America’s top dog show, yet he comes with a pinstripe pedigree — his co-owner is New York Yankees President Randy Levine.
“He’s like Derek Jeter. Very calm,” Levine said.
So on the week baseball spring training begins for pitchers and catchers, Levine will be among the pinschers and cockers. The Westminster Kennel Club show starts Monday, with Mitch set to walk the show ring on Tuesday morning.
Mitch: a true Yankee. Unlike that A-Rod.
In other news, after all of the things I’ve heard said and reported about Levine, I thought it would be impossible to humanize the guy. This helps a lot, though.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)