Feb 11, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
That’s Yankees President Randy Levine. Talking about one of his show dogs:
Meet sweet Mitch, a 5-year-old yellow Labrador retriever. He’s a rookie at America’s top dog show, yet he comes with a pinstripe pedigree — his co-owner is New York Yankees President Randy Levine.
“He’s like Derek Jeter. Very calm,” Levine said.
So on the week baseball spring training begins for pitchers and catchers, Levine will be among the pinschers and cockers. The Westminster Kennel Club show starts Monday, with Mitch set to walk the show ring on Tuesday morning.
Mitch: a true Yankee. Unlike that A-Rod.
In other news, after all of the things I’ve heard said and reported about Levine, I thought it would be impossible to humanize the guy. This helps a lot, though.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)