Feb 11, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
That’s Yankees President Randy Levine. Talking about one of his show dogs:
Meet sweet Mitch, a 5-year-old yellow Labrador retriever. He’s a rookie at America’s top dog show, yet he comes with a pinstripe pedigree — his co-owner is New York Yankees President Randy Levine.
“He’s like Derek Jeter. Very calm,” Levine said.
So on the week baseball spring training begins for pitchers and catchers, Levine will be among the pinschers and cockers. The Westminster Kennel Club show starts Monday, with Mitch set to walk the show ring on Tuesday morning.
Mitch: a true Yankee. Unlike that A-Rod.
In other news, after all of the things I’ve heard said and reported about Levine, I thought it would be impossible to humanize the guy. This helps a lot, though.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 0
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 278
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (278)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)