Feb 11, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Add another name to the list, via John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer:
Homer Bailey came in last year with about 10 pounds of added muscle. It worked pretty well, so added another 10 pounds or so this year. Bailey weighed in at 230. Bailey only carried 205 pounds on his 6-foot-4 frame when he arrived in the majors.
Bailey finally put together a good, healthy season at age 26, throwing 208 innings with a 3.68 ERA after never throwing more than 135 innings or posting a sub-4.40 ERA previously.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 84
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 223
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (223)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)