Feb 11, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Add another name to the list, via John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer:
Homer Bailey came in last year with about 10 pounds of added muscle. It worked pretty well, so added another 10 pounds or so this year. Bailey weighed in at 230. Bailey only carried 205 pounds on his 6-foot-4 frame when he arrived in the majors.
Bailey finally put together a good, healthy season at age 26, throwing 208 innings with a 3.68 ERA after never throwing more than 135 innings or posting a sub-4.40 ERA previously.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 9
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 139
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39