Feb 11, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Add another name to the list, via John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer:
Homer Bailey came in last year with about 10 pounds of added muscle. It worked pretty well, so added another 10 pounds or so this year. Bailey weighed in at 230. Bailey only carried 205 pounds on his 6-foot-4 frame when he arrived in the majors.
Bailey finally put together a good, healthy season at age 26, throwing 208 innings with a 3.68 ERA after never throwing more than 135 innings or posting a sub-4.40 ERA previously.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17