Feb 11, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Add another name to the list, via John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer:
Homer Bailey came in last year with about 10 pounds of added muscle. It worked pretty well, so added another 10 pounds or so this year. Bailey weighed in at 230. Bailey only carried 205 pounds on his 6-foot-4 frame when he arrived in the majors.
Bailey finally put together a good, healthy season at age 26, throwing 208 innings with a 3.68 ERA after never throwing more than 135 innings or posting a sub-4.40 ERA previously.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)