Feb 11, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Angels manager Mike Scioscia passed along an interesting tidbit to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register this afternoon, as it was revealed that second baseman Howie Kendrick required offseason surgery on his elbow.
While it would be better news if Kendrick didn’t need the surgery at all, the procedure was considered minor and he’s already back to 100 percent. It doesn’t sound like he’ll be restricted at all this spring.
Kendrick, 29, batted .287/.325/.400 with eight home runs, 67 RBI, 14 stolen bases and a .725 OPS in 2012. He’s owed $28.65 million over the next three seasons.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 29
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)