Feb 11, 2013, 8:49 PM EST
Angels manager Mike Scioscia passed along an interesting tidbit to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register this afternoon, as it was revealed that second baseman Howie Kendrick required offseason surgery on his elbow.
While it would be better news if Kendrick didn’t need the surgery at all, the procedure was considered minor and he’s already back to 100 percent. It doesn’t sound like he’ll be restricted at all this spring.
Kendrick, 29, batted .287/.325/.400 with eight home runs, 67 RBI, 14 stolen bases and a .725 OPS in 2012. He’s owed $28.65 million over the next three seasons.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)