Feb 11, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Angels manager Mike Scioscia passed along an interesting tidbit to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register this afternoon, as it was revealed that second baseman Howie Kendrick required offseason surgery on his elbow.
While it would be better news if Kendrick didn’t need the surgery at all, the procedure was considered minor and he’s already back to 100 percent. It doesn’t sound like he’ll be restricted at all this spring.
Kendrick, 29, batted .287/.325/.400 with eight home runs, 67 RBI, 14 stolen bases and a .725 OPS in 2012. He’s owed $28.65 million over the next three seasons.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)