Feb 11, 2013, 8:49 PM EDT
Angels manager Mike Scioscia passed along an interesting tidbit to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register this afternoon, as it was revealed that second baseman Howie Kendrick required offseason surgery on his elbow.
While it would be better news if Kendrick didn’t need the surgery at all, the procedure was considered minor and he’s already back to 100 percent. It doesn’t sound like he’ll be restricted at all this spring.
Kendrick, 29, batted .287/.325/.400 with eight home runs, 67 RBI, 14 stolen bases and a .725 OPS in 2012. He’s owed $28.65 million over the next three seasons.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)