Feb 11, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says it’s a done deal. Minor-league contract.
Hideki Okajima took a year off Major League Baseball and kicked some butt back in Japan, posting a a 0.94 ERA in 48 innings for the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks. Now he’s coming back and Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that he and the A’s are close to a deal. She first reported their interest a couple of weeks ago.
She doesn’t say the nature of the deal, but it’s presumably a minor league contract.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 51
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity