Feb 11, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says it’s a done deal. Minor-league contract.
Hideki Okajima took a year off Major League Baseball and kicked some butt back in Japan, posting a a 0.94 ERA in 48 innings for the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks. Now he’s coming back and Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that he and the A’s are close to a deal. She first reported their interest a couple of weeks ago.
She doesn’t say the nature of the deal, but it’s presumably a minor league contract.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)