Feb 11, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Tigers have seen attendance increases in each of the past two seasons. Coming off an AL pennant is likely to drive up demand. At least that’s what the Tigers are anticipating. They’ve jacked up prices for every seat in the house:
Tigers individual-game ticket prices recently were posted on the ballclub’s website — conveniently, very quietly, without a peep or a press release — and prices have been raised across the board. Not a single section in the ballpark was spared, as fans certainly will notice when tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. March 2.
The cheapest seats in the park used to cost $5. Those have gone up to $12. The bleacher seats have gone up from $6 to $23. They have added pricing tiers, but their “value” tiers — for April and May games — are still more expensive than the cheapest seats used to be.
Overall the Tigers are still not among the most expensive tickets in baseball. But fans accustomed to getting into Comerica Park for a relative pittance are gonna have to fork over a bit more.
(thanks to Allison — who is gonna make me buy her Tigers tickets this year, so this story is personal — for the heads up).
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)