Feb 11, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Tigers have seen attendance increases in each of the past two seasons. Coming off an AL pennant is likely to drive up demand. At least that’s what the Tigers are anticipating. They’ve jacked up prices for every seat in the house:
Tigers individual-game ticket prices recently were posted on the ballclub’s website — conveniently, very quietly, without a peep or a press release — and prices have been raised across the board. Not a single section in the ballpark was spared, as fans certainly will notice when tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. March 2.
The cheapest seats in the park used to cost $5. Those have gone up to $12. The bleacher seats have gone up from $6 to $23. They have added pricing tiers, but their “value” tiers — for April and May games — are still more expensive than the cheapest seats used to be.
Overall the Tigers are still not among the most expensive tickets in baseball. But fans accustomed to getting into Comerica Park for a relative pittance are gonna have to fork over a bit more.
(thanks to Allison — who is gonna make me buy her Tigers tickets this year, so this story is personal — for the heads up).
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)