Feb 11, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
The Detroit Tigers have seen attendance increases in each of the past two seasons. Coming off an AL pennant is likely to drive up demand. At least that’s what the Tigers are anticipating. They’ve jacked up prices for every seat in the house:
Tigers individual-game ticket prices recently were posted on the ballclub’s website — conveniently, very quietly, without a peep or a press release — and prices have been raised across the board. Not a single section in the ballpark was spared, as fans certainly will notice when tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. March 2.
The cheapest seats in the park used to cost $5. Those have gone up to $12. The bleacher seats have gone up from $6 to $23. They have added pricing tiers, but their “value” tiers — for April and May games — are still more expensive than the cheapest seats used to be.
Overall the Tigers are still not among the most expensive tickets in baseball. But fans accustomed to getting into Comerica Park for a relative pittance are gonna have to fork over a bit more.
(thanks to Allison — who is gonna make me buy her Tigers tickets this year, so this story is personal — for the heads up).
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 1
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)