Feb 11, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
The Detroit Tigers have seen attendance increases in each of the past two seasons. Coming off an AL pennant is likely to drive up demand. At least that’s what the Tigers are anticipating. They’ve jacked up prices for every seat in the house:
Tigers individual-game ticket prices recently were posted on the ballclub’s website — conveniently, very quietly, without a peep or a press release — and prices have been raised across the board. Not a single section in the ballpark was spared, as fans certainly will notice when tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. March 2.
The cheapest seats in the park used to cost $5. Those have gone up to $12. The bleacher seats have gone up from $6 to $23. They have added pricing tiers, but their “value” tiers — for April and May games — are still more expensive than the cheapest seats used to be.
Overall the Tigers are still not among the most expensive tickets in baseball. But fans accustomed to getting into Comerica Park for a relative pittance are gonna have to fork over a bit more.
(thanks to Allison — who is gonna make me buy her Tigers tickets this year, so this story is personal — for the heads up).
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)