Feb 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
I’m not sure when Asia became MLB’s Island of Misfit Toys, but with Andruw Jones and possibly Manny Ramirez looking east, why not Zoidberg, er, Zambrano?
Source says Big Z may sign in Japan or Taiwan if he can’t get major league deal. #Cra-Z
— Paul Sullivan (@PWSullivan) February 12, 2013
Zambrano posted a 4.49 ERA and struck out 95 — while walking 75 — in 132 and a third innings with the Marlins last year. And, as Sullivan’s tweet suggests, he’s somewhat, well, nuts.
Still, he’s a healthy pitcher. And last I checked, just about every team is reported to need a pitcher or two every year, so if he’s in decent shape I could totally see a big league team taking a chance on him.
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 0
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 23
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)