Feb 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
I’m not sure when Asia became MLB’s Island of Misfit Toys, but with Andruw Jones and possibly Manny Ramirez looking east, why not Zoidberg, er, Zambrano?
Source says Big Z may sign in Japan or Taiwan if he can’t get major league deal. #Cra-Z
— Paul Sullivan (@PWSullivan) February 12, 2013
Zambrano posted a 4.49 ERA and struck out 95 — while walking 75 — in 132 and a third innings with the Marlins last year. And, as Sullivan’s tweet suggests, he’s somewhat, well, nuts.
Still, he’s a healthy pitcher. And last I checked, just about every team is reported to need a pitcher or two every year, so if he’s in decent shape I could totally see a big league team taking a chance on him.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)