Feb 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
I’m not sure when Asia became MLB’s Island of Misfit Toys, but with Andruw Jones and possibly Manny Ramirez looking east, why not Zoidberg, er, Zambrano?
Source says Big Z may sign in Japan or Taiwan if he can’t get major league deal. #Cra-Z
— Paul Sullivan (@PWSullivan) February 12, 2013
Zambrano posted a 4.49 ERA and struck out 95 — while walking 75 — in 132 and a third innings with the Marlins last year. And, as Sullivan’s tweet suggests, he’s somewhat, well, nuts.
Still, he’s a healthy pitcher. And last I checked, just about every team is reported to need a pitcher or two every year, so if he’s in decent shape I could totally see a big league team taking a chance on him.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (101)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)