Feb 12, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
“I don’t think I’m going to let it go into the season,” Kershaw told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, adding that no negotiations have taken place yet.
Kershaw is making $11 million this season and will be arbitration eligible again in 2014, so there’s no huge rush for the Dodgers to get something done. Still, with Felix Hernandez‘s new $175 million extension with the Mariners becoming official today Kershaw (or at least Kershaw’s agent) has to be thinking about becoming the first $200 million pitcher.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 0
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 60
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)