Feb 12, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
“I don’t think I’m going to let it go into the season,” Kershaw told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, adding that no negotiations have taken place yet.
Kershaw is making $11 million this season and will be arbitration eligible again in 2014, so there’s no huge rush for the Dodgers to get something done. Still, with Felix Hernandez‘s new $175 million extension with the Mariners becoming official today Kershaw (or at least Kershaw’s agent) has to be thinking about becoming the first $200 million pitcher.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 0
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (91)