Feb 12, 2013, 4:49 PM EST
“I don’t think I’m going to let it go into the season,” Kershaw told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, adding that no negotiations have taken place yet.
Kershaw is making $11 million this season and will be arbitration eligible again in 2014, so there’s no huge rush for the Dodgers to get something done. Still, with Felix Hernandez‘s new $175 million extension with the Mariners becoming official today Kershaw (or at least Kershaw’s agent) has to be thinking about becoming the first $200 million pitcher.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)