HBT Extra: King Felix, Biogenesis and the offseason’s biggest winners and losers

Feb 12, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT

Kay Adams and I scraped the ice off the HBT Extra set, so spring training must be officially underway.

The topics: King Felix, Biogenesis and the winners and losers of the offseason.  Oh, and please say nice things about my pocket square. It was a gift and I’m rather happy with it, even if it makes me a bit of a fancy boy.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. cur68 - Feb 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

There it is: the Lex Luthor Seal of Approval for the Beavz. And done with a Fancy-Boy pocket square, too.

My working hypothesis is that if Lex Luthor likes your team’s chances, your team is gonna be pretty good. Hasn’t let me down in 3 seasons of paying attention to Craig’s opinion. Maybe the pocket square messes with his predictive mojo, maybe it doesn’t. We’ll see. If my boyz tank, though. . .its the pocket square from hell.

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Cur: I knew you guys were stacked as a result of the offseason trades.
      But until it was listed (one-by-one) I guess I didn’t realize just how stacked you were.
      U should be fired up!

• cur68 - Feb 12, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I was waiting for the Official Calcarterra Seal on this being as good a team as I thought. The post about 1-2-3 hitters needing to cycle through efficiently to get a team 39 or more looks at an opposing pitching staff really confirmed some things for me, too. Now I’m looking over the starting rotation and trying get a quick and dirty glance how they’ll do. I’m trying to get a handle on how many hitters my boys tend to see over 9 innings which is tricky given the injury history from last season. Still, last season’s ERA, ERA+, WAR & WHIP look pretty good (does not include Romero). If Romero comes back from being a pumpkin, and Morrow & Johnson can stay healthy, well My Boyz might be able to stay AWAY from seeing more than 39 hitters/game often enough to have a really solid season.

I’m pretty pumped about the upcoming season, oh yeah.

2. jwbiii - Feb 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM

That’s Kay Adams? Seems seems pleasant enough, but she doesn’t look anything like a young Diane Keaton.

3. stlouis1baseball - Feb 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Pocket squares = Hankerchiefs
    Prior to making fun of it…I need to know who the gift is from.
    C-squared: What gives? Spill the beans. Who gave you the pocket square?

• Old Gator - Feb 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM

It’s gotta be his future thinks-he’s-gonna-be-a father in law.

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 12, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Good guess Gator. I was leaning towards the future Wifey.

• jwbiii - Feb 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I’ll agree with stl1b. Those sorts of accessory gifts generally come from women. Let’s rule out his ex. If his mom wanted him to have one, he would have had one years ago. His daughter is too young (pictures of her on his personal blog). That leaves the gf.

4. kiwicricket - Feb 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM

The suit and square seemed a bit more fresh and peppy than your usual communistic ensemble of threads. Someone’s been dressing you haven’t they, Craig?

Note: If you donned a black t-shirt with ZERO written across it in silver, you would make a superb Billy Corgan.

• stlouis1baseball - Feb 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM

LOL! Bill Corgan.
      Of course…all bald caucasion guys look the same to me.

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3038)