Feb 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Via Big League Stew, here’s a local news report from Atlanta — one of those I-Team investigation/sting teams things — which appears to catch former Braves center fielder Otis Nixon scamming families of prison inmates. Good times, especially the bit in the video when the reporter talks about “stealing, robbing and defying the law” on the baseball field being OK but not out in public.
The hamfisted flair of local news aside, the report tells a pretty damning tale about Nixon telling lies and making promises he couldn’t possibly keep to the families of prison inmates, taking their money in the process.
If there’s illegality here — and, yes, it looks like it — this won’t be the first time Nixon has broken the law. Just sad.
So, in the past few days we’ve had posts about Otis Nixon and Deion Sanders. Stay tuned for Albert Hall and Deion James updates.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)