Feb 12, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Via Big League Stew, here’s a local news report from Atlanta — one of those I-Team investigation/sting teams things — which appears to catch former Braves center fielder Otis Nixon scamming families of prison inmates. Good times, especially the bit in the video when the reporter talks about “stealing, robbing and defying the law” on the baseball field being OK but not out in public.
The hamfisted flair of local news aside, the report tells a pretty damning tale about Nixon telling lies and making promises he couldn’t possibly keep to the families of prison inmates, taking their money in the process.
If there’s illegality here — and, yes, it looks like it — this won’t be the first time Nixon has broken the law. Just sad.
So, in the past few days we’ve had posts about Otis Nixon and Deion Sanders. Stay tuned for Albert Hall and Deion James updates.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)