Feb 12, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com spoke with Red Sox manager John Farrell about Felix Doubront and Craig Breslow. The topic: the “precautionary approach” the Sox are taking with these two. So, Farrell, about this precautionary approach. Are Doubront and Breslow injured?
“Not because of injury situations,” stressed John Farrell, “just because of some discomfort and overall (lack of) strength that they felt during their long-toss programs. Both of those guys will be a little bit held back — more precautionary than anything. When they got aggressive in their long-toss programs, there was some sensation in there, a little bit of irritation. We want to be clear that it’s not an injury situation.”
To sum up: when you’re feeling discomfort, unusual sensations, irritation and you lack strength, that’s not an injury.
Good to know that no one in Boston is going on the DL short of being hit by a bus this season.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)