Feb 12, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com spoke with Red Sox manager John Farrell about Felix Doubront and Craig Breslow. The topic: the “precautionary approach” the Sox are taking with these two. So, Farrell, about this precautionary approach. Are Doubront and Breslow injured?
“Not because of injury situations,” stressed John Farrell, “just because of some discomfort and overall (lack of) strength that they felt during their long-toss programs. Both of those guys will be a little bit held back — more precautionary than anything. When they got aggressive in their long-toss programs, there was some sensation in there, a little bit of irritation. We want to be clear that it’s not an injury situation.”
To sum up: when you’re feeling discomfort, unusual sensations, irritation and you lack strength, that’s not an injury.
Good to know that no one in Boston is going on the DL short of being hit by a bus this season.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)