Feb 12, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com spoke with Red Sox manager John Farrell about Felix Doubront and Craig Breslow. The topic: the “precautionary approach” the Sox are taking with these two. So, Farrell, about this precautionary approach. Are Doubront and Breslow injured?
“Not because of injury situations,” stressed John Farrell, “just because of some discomfort and overall (lack of) strength that they felt during their long-toss programs. Both of those guys will be a little bit held back — more precautionary than anything. When they got aggressive in their long-toss programs, there was some sensation in there, a little bit of irritation. We want to be clear that it’s not an injury situation.”
To sum up: when you’re feeling discomfort, unusual sensations, irritation and you lack strength, that’s not an injury.
Good to know that no one in Boston is going on the DL short of being hit by a bus this season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)