Feb 12, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com spoke with Red Sox manager John Farrell about Felix Doubront and Craig Breslow. The topic: the “precautionary approach” the Sox are taking with these two. So, Farrell, about this precautionary approach. Are Doubront and Breslow injured?
“Not because of injury situations,” stressed John Farrell, “just because of some discomfort and overall (lack of) strength that they felt during their long-toss programs. Both of those guys will be a little bit held back — more precautionary than anything. When they got aggressive in their long-toss programs, there was some sensation in there, a little bit of irritation. We want to be clear that it’s not an injury situation.”
To sum up: when you’re feeling discomfort, unusual sensations, irritation and you lack strength, that’s not an injury.
Good to know that no one in Boston is going on the DL short of being hit by a bus this season.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)