Feb 12, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has a new team and a $125 million contract AND he’s the newest addition to the ever-expanding “Best Shape of His Life” roster.
Mike Giovanna of the Los Angeles Times writes that Hamilton spent the offseason “juicing” fruits and vegetables on the way to losing 20-25 pounds. At 6-foot-4 he now weighs 225, compared to 245-255 at the start of last season for the Rangers.
If nothing else the BSOHL lineup now has a cleanup hitter.
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 19
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- Royals acquire ace Johnny Cueto from the Reds 71
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)