Feb 12, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
Josh Hamilton has a new team and a $125 million contract AND he’s the newest addition to the ever-expanding “Best Shape of His Life” roster.
Mike Giovanna of the Los Angeles Times writes that Hamilton spent the offseason “juicing” fruits and vegetables on the way to losing 20-25 pounds. At 6-foot-4 he now weighs 225, compared to 245-255 at the start of last season for the Rangers.
If nothing else the BSOHL lineup now has a cleanup hitter.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)