Feb 12, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has a new team and a $125 million contract AND he’s the newest addition to the ever-expanding “Best Shape of His Life” roster.
Mike Giovanna of the Los Angeles Times writes that Hamilton spent the offseason “juicing” fruits and vegetables on the way to losing 20-25 pounds. At 6-foot-4 he now weighs 225, compared to 245-255 at the start of last season for the Rangers.
If nothing else the BSOHL lineup now has a cleanup hitter.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 5
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 62
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)