Feb 12, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has a new team and a $125 million contract AND he’s the newest addition to the ever-expanding “Best Shape of His Life” roster.
Mike Giovanna of the Los Angeles Times writes that Hamilton spent the offseason “juicing” fruits and vegetables on the way to losing 20-25 pounds. At 6-foot-4 he now weighs 225, compared to 245-255 at the start of last season for the Rangers.
If nothing else the BSOHL lineup now has a cleanup hitter.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)