Feb 12, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has a new team and a $125 million contract AND he’s the newest addition to the ever-expanding “Best Shape of His Life” roster.
Mike Giovanna of the Los Angeles Times writes that Hamilton spent the offseason “juicing” fruits and vegetables on the way to losing 20-25 pounds. At 6-foot-4 he now weighs 225, compared to 245-255 at the start of last season for the Rangers.
If nothing else the BSOHL lineup now has a cleanup hitter.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 46
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)