Feb 12, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Two weeks ago Lenny Dykstra’s son, 23-year-old minor leaguer Cutter Dykstra, got engaged to Jamie-Lynn Sigler, the 31-year-old actress who played Meadow on “The Sopranos.”
Now they’re having a baby, according to People magazine.
And because we pay so much attention to the use of unnamed “sources” in the baseball reporting world, I was amused by this:
“She couldn’t be more excited!” a source tells PEOPLE. … There’s no wedding date set yet. But one thing’s for certain: “Jamie can’t wait to be a mom,” the source adds.
Phew. I was worried the source might say something like “oh man, she’s really depressed about this and would rather be a baseball blogger than a mom.”
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 12
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 51
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)