Feb 12, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
He’ll get an invitation to spring training after throwing 68 innings with a 4.51 ERA and 55/20 K/BB ratio for the Brewers last season.
Loe is 6-foot-8, but doesn’t throw very hard or get a ton of strikeouts. He does induce lots of ground balls, however, and has generally been a solid middle reliever with a 3.72 ERA in 255 career appearances out of the bullpen.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 23
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)