Feb 12, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Even a best-case scenario for Lewis would mean rejoining the Rangers in late May or early June, so there are still plenty of stumbling blocks to avoid, but he’s currently throwing from 120 feet on flat ground.
After the injury Lewis opted not to hit the open market as a free agent and instead signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Rangers in September that includes $4 million in potential incentives.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 1
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 38
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 19
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 8
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 65
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)